The staff of Emmanuel Lutheran Early Childhood Center strive to develop the whole child:
- Socially: Children learn to share classroom materials, to take turns, and to show respect for one another and different points of view.
- Emotionally: Children develop an awareness of right and wrong, begin to recognize feelings and learn appropriate ways to express them. Every emotion your child experiences is validated by our staff, happiness, anger, frustration and sadness are all recognized and identified to your child in a positive manner.
- Physically: During outside and inside play, children develop large and small motor coordination and fine motor skills. As they grow socially and physically children accept changes in their own bodies and differences in others. We encourage children to take care of some of their own physical needs, and enable them to recognize their accomplishments and build their self-confidence.
- Cognitively: Based upon a developmentally appropriate curriculum, children learn concepts and skills. They learn to organize, recognize, and express their thoughts and feelings. Teachers encourage children to listen, to follow directions, to convey information, and to organize their thoughts through activities such as analyzing and classifying.
- Spiritually: Children learn to view prayer as "talking with God." Children develop a sense of God's love, forgiveness, acceptance, and protection. We include Bible stories and songs in our everyday curriculum. We have an all preschool worship service in the church sanctuary on Wednesday mornings at 11:00 a.m. Our worship services last about 20 minutes.
- Academically: A more academic approach is reflected in our pre-kindergarten classes, however we offer circle time for every stage/age. Activities include stories, songs, name, shape and color recognition.
- Open Year round
- Licensed Facility
- Full/Part Time Schedules
- Extended Hours 7am-6pm
- assistance with potty training
- Educated, caring teachers
- am and pm snack provided
- Lutheran Chapel Service
- Dance Program and Performances
- Included activities; Spanish, Cooking, Dance and Gardening